Summer Break - Week 4

Sunday was an at home day after a busy weekend.  Except for a quick trip to Walmart, Koda and I hung out at the house, me working and Dakota endlessly jumping rope and hula hooping in the livingroom.  We had a "tv dinner", meaning we ate our dinner in front of the TV, and then we came in to my room and watched Imagine That together in my bed.  We paused the movie and took time to read The Babe and I to tie in with our Babe Ruth lessons of the week.  It was a great book that left room for plenty of discussion on the Great Depression and some of the customary practices of the times.  The second time we paused the movie we read a few chapters of Danny, Champion of the World for our book club.  By the time the movie was finally finished (and it definitely wasn't very good), it was after ten and we were both ready for bed.

Monday I had all three day campers, Dakota and Natalie and once we had breakfast we all packed into the car and headed to Michaels for the kids' craft class.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that the class was a drop off and got to spend an hour walking the aisles of the store while Nat happily sat in her stroller.  My friend Jeanette and her two littlest boys met us for shopping while her older kids took the craft class and around eleven we strolled the kids down to Starbucks and I got a caramel frappaccino that was to die for.  After the kids finished the class, we walked through PetSmart until Kris got off to get Natalie and then I took the older kids home for lunch and swimming.  They played badmitton, swam for hours and then played some more badmitton.  After they had left, my husband and I had an appointment, I came home to work and then it was time to do it all again.

Tuesday I had all all three day campers once again, but only Dakota and no Natalie. We went to the Hollywood in Arbutus to see Rise of the Guardians and had the nice surprise of meeting up with my friend, Kathy and her daughters.  We sat together and enjoyed the show.  I swung by the library to order more copies of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for our next book club and then brought the kids home for lunch and had our very first Roald Dahl book club on Danny,Champion of the World.  We read a biography for the author, filled out a timeline and answered some oral questions about the story.  Then we took a "quiz" and made our own plaques with medals, ribbons and stars and they painted their name.  Each of the three kids who made an attempt to read the book got a certificate of completion.  Afterward, they played Sorry at the table, badmitton in the side yard and then finished the day swimming.

That's the end of the regular "work week" for me.  We leave for Jellystone in Hagerstown tomorrow.  I am looking forward to some time with Brian and Dakota and the smell of the campfire and some roasted marshmallows.  Wishing it wasn't going to be in the high 90's, but at least our cabin has air conditioning!

Comments

jeffreymwhite1 said…
Loved running into you! We should do that more often, on purpose.

Popular posts from this blog

Last Week

Senior Year

Changes, COVID and Career