Weather, Weather Everywhere

Monday evening saw soaking downpours and when I went to pick up my daycare child from school I drovethrough rapidly rising water in places I would have never expected.  It rained long into the night and our son didn't get home from his job at the Oriole game until 2am after reporting to work at 9am the previous morning.

Tuesday dawned much brighter, with times of sunny skies and bright sun mixed with clouds and a bit of wind. We had our field day with Arundel Homeschoolers and I am glad we went.  Our friends the Lovars and the Newlands were there, along with several other homeschooling families.  The kids played on the playground, played volleyball and basketball, ran relay races, had popsicles and played capture the flag.  They were all filthy, but happy, which is all that matters when you are a kid, right?!  Dakota and I ran some errands before going home, picked up Mandy and then he and his dad went to football workouts while I took care of the folders from my PCA job here at the house.  I have been home alot lately and I am very much in my element here.  I can spend days, sometimes weeks at home, should my schedule ever allow anymore, and be perfectly content.

Wednesday we were at home and I have been trying to go through our homeschooling stuff to get ready for the fall and the summer camp kids coming.  It was one of those days that flew by!  I was watching the noon news and reading Facebook when I became aware of another impending set of storms that are supposed to be especially bad and effect our area tonight and tomorrow.  I am thankful that I don't have anywhere I need to be and won't have to go out, but I worry about my husband and three older kids who will need to go to work in this and then be there when things may be dangerous.  I will be responsible for Dakota and Natalie here alone, as well, which I know can sometimes get a bit scary when there is no other adult to "talk you down" when you begin to worry too much.  I hope that we all stay safe and that the weather isn't as bad as they expect, although no one seems to be saying IF, but only WHEN.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Week

Senior Year

Changes, COVID and Career