2015

Out with the old and in with the new!  Last night a very lazy household passed the time together doing lots of nothing, eating steamed shrimp, pizza and veggies and dip and dozing.  We did see 2014 pass and 2015 with a hoot and holler from my husband and then I was under the covers by 12:15.

So what was 2014 like for me personally?  As I reflect, I think it was a year when I came into my own.  I stopped worrying so much about the things that don't really matter and gave myself the freedom to say "no" or "I don't want to".  I am someone who always wants to make things better for others and will do so at my own expense.  This past year I was much better at saying "I need" and then following up with that.  I learned that standing up for myself can have a very positive outcome.  I learned that I cannot take away the hurts of my children or my husband and sometimes I just have to say "work it out for yourself because I just can't".

So what do I want for the new years?  What do I hope that 2015 holds for me as I near and reach my 50th birthday?  I want to lose weight and feel great.  I want to be more organized in home, school and life in general.  I want to stay ahead of the game and not fall behind.  I want to make good choices and save money where I can.  I want to always look for the very best deal and keep a running tab of what I do.  In 2014 I saved over $3000 at ShopRite, where I do my main grocery shopping, and I vow to save even more in 2015.

In 2015 I want to be less impulsive and more impulsive, depending on the situation.  I want to blog more often and journal daily.  I want to have patience and display kindness even more than I have done in the past.  I want to make my homeschool and daycare a fun and interesting journey for the young ones in my life.

In 2015 I will not only reach the milestone of turning 50, but I will welcome my third granddaughter.  I will return to Disney World with my two sons.  I will work hard at a new transcription job, but remember that I am only one person and can only do so much.

In 2015 I will......   Ah, that the beauty of a new year, isn't it?  I will do whatever I can.  I will experience both good and bad.  Welcome the new.  Say goodbye to the old.  I will experience life to the fullest extent possible.  I will love with all my heart.  I will try hard to be the best me I can be.  365 days to write this new chapter in my life and I am ready!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes, COVID and Career

Senior Year

Last Week