A Rainy Monday Morning

Monday mornings are hard anyway, but a freezing rain, gray and gloomy Monday morning is especially trying.  I knew Dakota was not going to be a happy camper anyway when I woke him, so I decided to provide an enticing morning to help get us going for the week.

We started off our morning together in the livingroom in the recliners, under blankets, eating pop tarts, Mom drinking coffee and Dakota drinking milk while we watched Magic School Bus videos.  We love them and the air pressure and weather episodes are tied in to our meteorology unit for Science.  Ah, I see a smile on my little man's face!  My daycare baby Brookie came and she joined us in the third chair with her flower blankie and a bowl of dry Fruit Loops.  Yes to this!  I am watching and planning out our day, tweaking things so we can do most of our work right here.  

And like all well laid plans, a train ran right through them.  My mother, my daughter and my two granddaughters all arrived at the same time. The sidewalk outside was icy and it was raining and my 82 year old stepfather chose today to bring a large box type TV for my younger daughter to my house.  So I throw on a jacket and my shoes and go out --  it sounded like something out of a Laurel and Hardy movie!  My 82 year old mother is yelling for my pregnant daughter and my 3 year old granddaughter not to slip and she is grabbing at them, making things worse.  I take the TV in both hands and try to get it inside without falling down myself.  Then my mother insists on helping everyone else up the steps while everyone else is trying to hold her up!  Finally got everyone inside and she kissed us all and said goodbye before her cruise later in the week and I had to go back outside to help her help me to her car!  Of course the peace in the house was completely shattered.  

I gave Dakota some independent work to do with his health and Which Way USA books and we got a moment or two more of quiet before all heck broke loose again when my 3 year old granddaughter took it upon herself to go into Dakota's room and take the hamster out of the cage and take it into my sleeping 21 year old's room and wake him by putting the hamster in bed with him.  She got in big trouble for taking the hamster out of his cage and then she carried on and cried when a time out ensued.  Whew!  What happened to my morning?

Lunch was served and little ones laid down for naps.  Dakota went in to finish up his first Writecraft Minecraft assignment and then came out to do his graphic organizer for the project and then type it up in paragraph form.  The last thing on our list shortened list was a chapter of Disney After Dark and a chapter out of our A History of Us book.  No math happened today.  Not the science or history I had planned.  No personal reading time.  Sigh.  That bothers me, but I am trying not to let it get me.  I homeschool so that life can happen.  I repeat that to myself often.  Math and Science will come first thing tomorrow, as will the other things that have to happen.  Today was a lazy, crazy Monday and I will have to deal with that. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career