Heat Wave

Today is day 11 of an extreme heat wave that has hit the Maryland area....actually many areas across the country.  We have seen above 100 degree temperatures, heat indexes up to 110 and no rain except for the terrible thunderstorm last Friday night that knocked out power to 500,000 people in the Maryland area and has had my husband working 16 hour days ever since.

The boys and I have done okay, although we are getting pretty bored.  We have had easy dinners that didn't require the oven, kept the house dark and the doors closed tight.  We ordered a pool, but that won't be in til next week.  I know my older son is itching to get to college, but I've enjoyed having him here.  Him and I had crabs and the three of us watched Elf on Friday night and celebrated Christmas in July.  The little one and I have watch Journey 2 at least five times.  I've watched Something Borrowed, a few Ghost Hunters, alot of Golden Girls, a few Toddlers and Tiaras and other mindless tv.  We all went bowling on Thursday or Friday.  I can't remember when...all the days blend together.  On July 4th we braved the heat, got some pizza and, with my daughter, granddaughter and mother in law, watched the Arbutus 4th of July parade and melted ever so slowly.  Yesterday we met my husband for lunch ( a rare day sighting of the father figure here lately!) and got to meet some nice men from Massachusetts who are working with him during all this storm trouble work.  They had great accents, laughed easily and bought our lunch.  Last night Dad even made it home by 8pm with enough time to tuck in the little one and watch a baseball game with the older.

They say today is the last day of the heat wave and that storms will break the back of it later today.  I hope they aren't severe because my husband and all these other BGE men and their out of state counterparts need a break.  I haven't been feeling well lately so it's time to make an appointment with the doctor.  I am not good at going to the doctor and I can't tell you the last time I was there...probably two years ago.  I need some bloodwork, a few tests, probably some meds of some sort.  I am feeling anxious, crabby, and have aches and pains....hmmmm... could be I am just getting old :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Week

Senior Year

Changes, COVID and Career