Alternate Plans

Today we were all set to go to Chesapeake Beach Water Park to use our Groupon passes and I went online to look up directions and realized they are no longer open on weekdays since last Friday.  BUMMER!  We were all looking forward to it and the weather was hot and sunny and perfect for the lazy river.  So alternate plans were needed.  Since neither my daughter or I had much money, we opted to go downtown and use her membership at the Port Discovery Children's Museum.  This is not my favorite place in the world, but the kids can run around, get rid of energy and get out of the house, so off we went.

The trip wasn't anything extraordinary, but it did what it was intended to do and we left at 12:30 with two hungry, tired kids.  We got everyone fed and my daughter put my granddaughter in her room here for a nap and went home to get some things done.  I got some paperwork done and had a visit from my younger daughter.  Everyone left around five; my husband and son for football; myself and my daughter and granddaughter to take them home.  We dropped Keri off and I decided to have a Nana-Natalie date with my little sweetheart.  We stopped at the Wendy's close to her house for Frostys and sat and ate them together.  She is such a beautiful child and so animated and smart. I have missed having her every day this summer and look forward to our time together starting Friday.

I dropped Natalie off at her house and spent a few minutes watching her interact with my daughter.  She sure loves her mommy and it's incredibly rewarding to watch your daughter be a mother.  I love them both so very much.

Off to football for another night of practice.  I handed in my paperwork today, thank goodness, chatted with some mom friends I have made and watched my son in a scrimmage.  He is really improving and it's fun to watch him making such great strides.  I left there a few minutes ahead of them to come home and make a late dinner and then everyone crashed, exhausted from another long day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career