Crazy, Chaotic, Busy Week

This week has been very busy!  I had all the daycare kids on Monday, football practice Monday night then worked til midnight.  Tuesday I took the kids to the free movie in Arbutus and then my daughter was here in the afternoon.  The daycamp kids were a hand full and my last mom came very late.  My husband and I attended a concert together that our kids had gotten him tickets for for his birthday.  No one wanted to go with him, however, because no one liked the artist, so I took it as an opportunity to spend some time with the hubby and we had a good time, although it was definitely a loooong night and my ears hurt from all the guitar twanging and screeching lol.  Didn't get home til midnight again and Wednesday I took Dakota, his friend, Lindsey and Brian David and his girl, Allie to Hershey Park.  It was a 2 hour drive and we had a good time laughing and singing in the car.  We had beautiful weather, too cold even at first, which is hard to believe in August!  Brian David and Allie went their own way and I took the kids on the rides, to the zoo, to see the marine show and finally, around 3:00, it warmed up enough for them to play in the water.  They played, went on the lazy river, danced with some characters and finally got dressed around 5:30.  We did a few more rides, met up with the other two for funnel cakes and then did the Chocolate Factory store and shopped for our candy.  We were all tired, Dakota was a complaining, whiny mess and we waited 45 minutes in Bob Evans without being waited on before walking out and hitting an Arby's on the ride home.  I was so tired my vision was blurry by the time we hit our neighborhood, but everyone else was asleep.  I hit the bed at midnight for the fourth night in a row and had to get up to be ready for my granddaughter today.

My granddaughter was such a pleasure this morning.  I sat on the deck on a beautiful fall feeling August morning and listened to her chatter away and play while we shared a muffin and I checked my email and facebook. Then she nicely played in her room until lunch, ate and took a three hour nap.  I can't really ask for better than that.  I miss having her here and having a routine with her and it doesn't look like we will be having one anytime soon since my daughter just found out she lost her job.

Tonight has been quiet with the house empty.  My husband was at practice and my sons at a football game.  I needed the down time.  Tomorrow is a day for planning and cleaning.  We have a scrimmage tomorrow night and then we leave Saturday morning for a weekend at the beach before we step into our fall routine.  We are coming home Monday and it will be my last week of summer camp.  We are hoping to do our book club, hit the water park and go to Chuck E. Cheese and then the following week will be one where I get everything in order so after our trip to the state fair, our bus trip to New York and Dakota's 9th birthday, we can get back into the swing of things and start our school year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career