Getting Back To Business

After a very busy weekend with a football jamboree, dinner out with friends and our daughter's baby shower with 40 guests, Monday arrived unwelcome, but with an agenda nonetheless.  I had three daycare kids and Dakota and I knew if I didn't keep them busy I would pay the price.  I gave them an hour of Kindle time before bringing them out to do packets on color.  They had jokes, color by number, ABC order, find something green for each letter of the alphabet and a directional paper.  Afterwards they went outside to play badmitton, corn hole and frisbee before heading out to the back deck to play board games.  They chose Uno Attack and with my supervision, things went well.  They went back outside to play basketball, came back in to read and work on their packets and now, after pizza for lunch, they are playing quietly so I won't swoop in and make them put away their electronics.

In five minutes I will go in, however, and get them back out here to paint and work on the color wheel, play Geo Bingo and watch a movie with popcorn.  By then it should  be 3:30 and one of them will be ready to go home and the other three can do what they want until we eat dinner at 4:30 and leave for football around 5.

I am tired and cranky, but less so than I thought.  I am trying to get chores done around here that were left undone yesterday with the shower going on.  I had two sinks full of dishes to wash first thing, backed up laundry, dusting, vacuuming and work for my company to keep me plenty busy.  Tomorrow looks like more of the same and Wednesday is a trip to Hershey Park.  Looking forward to escaping to the ocean this upcoming weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes, COVID and Career

Senior Year

Last Week