Weekend Warriors

This weekend we were again very busy.  We left the house at 11am for southern Maryland and arrived at Southern Middle School around 12:15.  Our 90lb Charger team had their first full scrimmage, complete with referees and a full field. We got warmed up and started at 1:00 and the other team ran the first play back for a touchdown.  Not good.  However, we came back with one of our own before long and then trounced all over them, winning 32-14.  It was a blast, cheering for the boys, and I was so proud of them.  My son in law was out there coaching with my husband and my daughter, granddaughter and I were on the sidelines cheering them on.  Love that it's a family thing.

Afterward, we went to dinner with our daughter and her family and our friends, the Webers, to the Rod and Reel in Chesapeake Beach.  It was a fancy restaurant and we surely weren't dressed for it, but the food was excellent and the boys (4 of them!) behaved well, as did my granddaughter, who is much more likely to act up at just two.  Our waitresses, however, were sorely lacking, but we just laughed it off and didn't let it ruin our good time.

To finish our adventure, our family and the Weber family went to the beach and walked along the water and played on the beach.  We didn't leave until almost 8pm and it was after 9pm before this tired family made it home.

Everyone slept in on Sunday and then I did some chores and then had to work for my company for a few hours.  We watched the Oriole game and enjoyed their big win and then I had to meet my daughter at the hospital for a tour of the maternity ward so we are prepared when baby Rebecca makes her appearance in a few weeks.  It was boring, but I am glad I could be there for my daughter.

Back home and a nice dinner followed, a walk with the boy and the dogs and a fairly early night.  Getting ready for a week at home preparing for the start of school next Wednesday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career