Counting Down

Today is my next to the last day of summer daycamp and I am ready for it to be over.  By this time of the summer I am swearing I will never do this again each and every year.  I had my three regular campers, one little sister camper, my son and my granddaughter today.  I had little sleep last night.  I am grumpy and tired.  I don't want to do anything. Try telling six kids that!

So the first two arrived at 7:30 and will not leave until 6:10.  Ugh.  The second arrived around 7:40 and will leave at 5:15.  Ugh.  The third arrived at 8:00 and will leave at 4:00, getting better.  My daughter will get off work shortly to come help with my granddaughter, but I am having a very early birthday dinner for my mother in law (because of football practice and my son's work) so instead of thinning out the crowds, we will have twelve people here at 4:00  Double UGH!

I let them play in Dakota's room this morning until 9:15 while Natalie and I sat on the deck.  I stepped on a push pin and it went in my heel and I yelled loudly twice.  I look and there is my granddaughter, crouched down by the outside table, silently crying with her little mouth wide open, no noise coming out and tears streaming down her cheeks.  I scared her to death!  She clung to my neck and sobbed and sobbed while I rocked her on the swing and crooned to her.  Poor kid!  Then I had to let her get her doctor's kit and make me all better.  Gotta love a two year old!

After feeding everyone, we packed some water bottles and headed out to the park.  The big kids all walked and I pushed Natalie in her favorite pink car.  They played well when we got to the playground and when there was a lull in the action I gave them a scavenger hunt sheet and they did that.  I ended up helping and they found a praying mantis and some other cool things.

After coming back and cooling off, they all had lunch and I put the baby to nap.  The bigger kids were loud and boisterous, so I sent them outside to jump on the trampoline.  When they came back, they went into Dakota's room for legos and I put The Smurfs on.  It's only 2:30, however, and they are starting to fight and I need to find them something else to do, but I am soooooooo tired myself and my daughters and mother in law will be here shortly and ....YAWN.  Did I mention I am very tired?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career