Glad to be back!

Blogger.com has been down and I didn't realize how much I had come to depend on the site for keeping track of the highlights (and lowlights) in my life.  It's the journal I never had the time to write and I love looking back and reading about our adventures. 

As is often the case by mid May, homeschooling has taken a softer note, with more days off and less time spent doing our seatwork.  We have gardened, gone to karate, fun errands and played outside.  Wednesday evening we dropped our older son off at the Lake Shore baseball fields to umpire and then my husband and I took Dakota to Downs Park and hiked and looked out over the Chesapeake Bay and lingered in the Mother's Garden.  What a beautiful park!  I don't know why I haven't been before, but I can't wait to go back again very soon.  Thursday we had our last regular class at co-op and finished the continents by going over the details of Antarctica and then reviewing what they had learned over the year.  Even that was cut short so that we could get in some playtime outside.  It's been an absolutely gorgeous week and we have wanted to take advantage of every moment.  Koda's spent lots of time playing in the yard with the neighbors and he's been getting in plenty of exercise and sleeping well.  Today we did our grocery shopping for the next two weeks and tonight is going to be a date night for my husband and I in Annapolis while we wait on our older son to umpire a double header in Davidsonville. 

Anyway, glad to be back!  I hope to stay caught up now and keep writing about our homeschooling and family adventures as they happen.  There should be lots to write too!  I am due to become a grandmother in less than two weeks time and I am looking forward not only to seeing my granddaughter's birth, but to going to North Carolina and seeing my daughter, whom I haven't seen in two months. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career

Senior Year