Not a good day

Today started out promising when my husband offered to take the older son to high school and I was given some free time while Dakota slept in to drink my coffee and check my email from the deck swing listening to the birds.  I thought it was going to be a great day.  My friend called and had to go into work for a few hours and I agreed to watch her children since her son is my son's best friend and it was perfect weather to break out the bounce house that had been put away all winter.  I thought I'd let the boys play for awhile and then get some school work done....NOT.  The boys, who usually get along well, did nothing but snipe at one another, repeat one another, tattle on one another and roll around in the bounce house beating on each other.  By the time my friend came home a little after lunch there were many time outs that had been given and my own son was punished for the afternoon for disrespectful behavior.  Okay.  So I was NOT in the mood for school and decided that I was very backed up on my work and would do that for a few hours....NOT.  My boss called and I ended up taking dictation over the phone for a contract for two hours.  So now it's dinner time and I still haven't completed one folder from work, I'm grouchy and irritable and my son is a bear because he's punished.  By the time we have dinner we have to rush out the door to baseball...we leave very early for our 15 minute ride and it takes 45 minutes in nothing but traffic to get there.  Then we had two hours of 5/6 year old tball and, while these kids are adorable both in looks and actions, I had already had enough of my own son and really had to try hard to have patience coaching these little guys today.  We didn't get home til after 9 and I just had to go in to Dakota again at 9:45.   (His bed time is 8pm)  Now tomorrow I'll have to cram in school and housework in addition to my work that has to be completed AND Dakota will be grouchy from being up too late.  Not a good day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes, COVID and Career

Senior Year

Last Week