Fourth of July theme ending

The kids I watch and Dakota have been doing 4th of July themed crafts and packets all week and today wrapped it all up.  We did our packets and they played while I finished my work and then we went to McDonalds for lunch.  I had just Dakota and Lindsey today....funny how much they have changed.   I watched Lindsey from age 9 months until 5.  I had Koda when she was not quite 2.  For about a year there I had Koda and Mariah, his cousin, who are only three weeks apart in age, and Lindsey, 2 years older.  They were so little then!  Next week I have all three of them again.  Now they are almost 7 and almost nine.  Things are so much easier now!  The two I had today chatted over lunch and then we hit the store for a few things.  I gave them each $3 and we went into the thrift store and it was amusing to see them budget their money and wonder if they should really spend $.99 on something since that meant they only had $2 left.  Their concentration left me plenty of time to get some books for my homeschool and I brought home two happy kids with little trinkets and toys.  After a snowball break we made red, white and blue windsocks with tagboard, sticker stars and streamers and they finished their packets before Lindsey went home.  I decorated the deck some and used the hose to wash everything down and water the garden.  The boys played basketball for awhile and then came in to get showers.  Everyone is napping or hanging out right now, waiting for my daughter and granddaughter to get in from North Carolina.  It's my granddaughter's first visit to Maryland and Brian David and Keri (along with all the other family and friends tomorrow) will be seeing her for the first time.  Natalie's Poppy and Nana, my husband and I, and her Uncle Dakota are "fighting" over who gets to hold her first.  This is one very loved little girl and in just a few short weeks she'll be moving back for good and our family will finally be complete again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Week

Senior Year

Changes, COVID and Career