Friday is a welcome sight

After an exhausting week, Friday is a welcome sight.  I had two of my "camp" kids and we met my niece and great niece and nephew at the bowling alley.  It was chaotic and crazy, but the five kids bowled and I got a few sentences in with my niece.  It's very rewarding to have a friendship with this remarkable young woman whom I have babysat since she was an infant and all through her youth.  Life has some odds twists and turns and she and I had children nine months apart with Sierra and Dakota.  It has led us to have much more in common than we would have otherwise and we've shared some fun times and some wise words over the years. 



After two games, which was more than enough for the kids, I took my group home and fed them lunch and thankfully, they played pretty independently throughout the afternoon with only a few tiffs and squabbles.  I really needed the breather, because I was feeling mighty overdone by 1:00.  Now there is only one "camper" left and he will leave in about 45 minutes.  Dakota and I will go and pick up his cousin and her mom and we are headed to family night at VBS with skits, singing, crafts and ice cream.  Looking forward to Sunday when there will be a little down time around here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career

Senior Year