One last separation



Today I had to say goodbye one last time to my daughter and my granddaughter as they set off for their home in North Carolina.  They have 3 weeks to pack and then they will finally be moving back home here to Maryland where I will see them almost every day and become the huge part of my granddaughter's life that I yearn to be.  My daughter and I sat and chatted today, playing on our computers, commenting on the news and just enjoying being together like we often do when she is here.  She has been in North Carolina 15 months now and I have missed her every single day.  As I held my little Natalie and rocked her on the swing on our deck I tried to soak in her softness and her smell.  I tried to imprint the feel of her smooth baby skin and silky hair as it touched my lips when I kissed her.  She slept in my arms and I whispered how much I loved her into her tiny ear and hoped that somewhere in her sweet dreams she'll remember Nana's voice and it will stay with her for the few weeks it will take for them to pack and us to get there to help.  Tonight I'll dream of our adventures when she comes home.  We'll shop together, go to the zoo, watch the circus, sings some songs.  Often it will be her mommy and her Uncle Dakota and I that are all with her and sometimes it will just be her and I, swinging on the swing, snuggling down for her nap, fitting her on my lap for a story.  I am so blessed to have this sweet little angel in my life.  Please Lord, let me enjoy each day with my family for all it has to offer, but please let the next three weeks fly by so that I an have them both home again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career