A Weekend At Home

This weekend was HOT, as was Thursday and Friday.  I woke up early on Saturday to go and get a good friend and share an hour of coffee and conversation before I headed out to do my grocery shopping.  I hit the two major grocery store chains that I usually go to and then decided that Walmart would have to wait until one night this week.  I stopped at the bank and dropped off flowers and a birthday present to my cousin and then headed home to get out of the heat.  I got a very nice treat when, at 3:00, my husband took my daughter to work and took my six year old to Uncle Fred's for fishing, crabbing and pool fun for the afternoon (son #1 is at the ocean for a long weekend).  So here I was, home alone, and a multitude of possibilities ahead of me.  I cleaned a little, watched a little tv, played on the computer a bit and read some magazines and then treated myself to a sub and cup of cream of crab soup for dinner.  I watered the garden, unwinded a little more and thought about how much I was enjoying this time!  Usually these times away end early when my little son misses me and wants to come home, but he was having a great time and I ended up turning in and watching Elf on the bedroom TV until they came home at 10pm.  What a nice break!
Sunday was another hot day.  I left early to get some fresh produce for dinner and then let my daughter take my car to work so I wouldn't be tempted to go out.  I made brunch, did some chores, put alot of items on Ebay and made dinner before settling in to watch Wipeout with my guys and I have heard that there is a game of Disney Apples to Apples in my near future!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Week

Senior Year

Changes, COVID and Career