Treading Water

The past week has been so crazy!  I've been waiting to write on this blog until I had time to catch up, but at this point, that might never happen.  I've been doing "summer camp" for Dakota and three other children.  They usually aren't all here at once, but at least one is here five days a week, another three days a week and the third one to three times a week.  I have tried putting up a tight schedule and keeping them on it and I've tried letting them just play and leaving things loose.  The schedule is definitely much, much better for all involved, especially me, but it's exhausting and I feel that I haven't had a spare minute to myself in weeks.  This week we have gone to the movies twice, including seeing Ramona and Beezus today, and Mariah and Dakota have had VBS in Arbutus every night.  Today, after the movie, we had lunch and a playdate here at the house with Kelly and her girls until three.  Mariah went home and Dakota went into his room and it was a nice two hours.  Then it was rush, rush, rush to get ready, out the door and to pick up Mariah.  I dropped them off at the church and then drove to Arundel Mills for the second time today and had a belated birthday dinner with my mom and stepdad at Red Lobster.  I ran into Michaels for a few minutes and found some great deals on craft things and then went to get the kids from VBS.  Got home, cleaned up, did laundry and chatted with my daughter on FB.  It's time for bed and I can't begin to tell you how glad I am that tomorrow is Friday and the weekend is close by!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes, COVID and Career

Senior Year

Last Week