Game Day

So yesterday we didn't leave the room for the most part because of the snowy, cold weather.  This morning we got up early and while it was still cold (wind chill 3 degrees!) it was sunny and bright.  We were told that the street our hotel is on goes straight into Boston so we drove that way, stopping at Boston College so the boys could walk around and see the stadium and then stopping again outside of Fenway Park so we could show Brian David's friend Trey and Dakota the outside, at least.  I love Boston and I am kind of disappointed that we didn't get to do more here, but I suppose that is to be expected this time of year.  The area is gorgeous in the snow, though, and the architecture is exquisite. 

When we got back to the room the guys got dressed in their Ravens gear and headed off to Foxboro.  I was worried because the stadium ended up being much farther away than I was told, but they got there quickly and all was well.  I ordered some soup and wings put on the pre-game show, hopped on the bed with my computer and happily wasted the day away, rooting for the Ravens and enjoying the quiet.  I can't believe that we lost the way we did....giving the game away rather than being beaten, but the guys were happy on the phone when they called, saying the experience was priceless.  Now I am waiting for them, still in the same spot on the bed, watching the Giants game and trying to get myself prepared for the long drive tomorrow.  Wish I was like Bewitched and could twinkle my nose and just be there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes, COVID and Career

Senior Year

Last Week