Absence makes the heart....hurt

My pregnant daughter returned to North Carolina with her husband today.  She took with her my granddaughter to be...and I won't see them again until the baby is on her way into the world.  That's two months of my daughter changing as my granddaughter grows that I'm going to miss.  I'm hoping to make that 6 hour drive in time to see the baby born and then we are hoping to spend a few days there helping out.  Then we will come home...leaving them there.  They will visit in a few weeks and then probably again in July as they look for a home here in the area.  We will return around the 1st of August to bring them all home to live.  That probably sounds optimistic and I am so lucky that they are coming home, but, while I try so hard to count my blessings, it is literally breaking my heart to be separated from my daughter during this important time in her life and I can't even imagine how I'll feel leaving both my daughter and granddaughter there when we have to come home.  I know other mothers do this all the time.  I know not all of them are lucky enough to have their children within driving distance or planning on returning to live nearby in a few months.  I know.  And my heart breaks for them.  Because I am hurting right now.  I desperately wish things were different.  I feel selfish and immature wanting her here with me.  She is so happy, living the life she has longed for with a house and a husband and her baby on the way.  I am happy for her.  I really am.  I'm just not so happy for me.  My heart hurts.  Alot.  I miss my little girl.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career