Back to Normal

Today all the hoopla from the weekend was over and we got back into the groove of things around 11:00am.  I had planned on starting early, but my niece had a major personal setback and I felt it was important to be there for her when she called.  She lives far away and none of our family is there.  I am glad I could at least be an ear to listen and a sounding board for her.  As soon as that call ended I had a nice surprise when my stepfather brought me a brand new wireless printer.  What a treat!  That had to be put aside, however, if I was going to get anything done! 
We didn't do anything out of the ordinary today.  He did his grammar text with workbook pages on contractions, wrote in his journal and practiced his handwriting for language arts.  We worked on fractions for math and we read a general overview of water habitats in our Harcourt Science book, followed by a few worksheets from the coordinating workbook.  I let him do his own reading today, which was a first for him.  He took three easy readers into his room and got up on his bed and spent 30 minutes reading to himself.  He isn't a big fan of reading to begin with, but reading to himself has never happened.  A huge breakthrough!  Afterward he did a Cars poster painting kit for art and practiced his beatboxing for music.  Over the weekend he had baseball and football practice, so PE was taken care of as well.  No social studies today.  This evening we took an hour long nature walk through the park near our house with Daddy and saw a muskrat, many deer and lots of birds.  We looked for animal habitats at the park, threw rocks in the water and got in alot of walking exercise.  Tomorrow is a field trip morning so we will be working later in the afternoon for our homeschooling.  Sometimes that goes well and sometimes not.  We shall see. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Week

Senior Year

Changes, COVID and Career