Cramming It All In

Today I had alot to get done, but I knew there was alot I needed to get in a fun homeschool day so I was determined to start early.  Dakota and I started the day, after dropping off my older son at school,  by driving down to the park by our house and looking for signs of spring.  We found fresh shoots of very green grass in an area recently burned by a fire.  We saw buds on the trees and colors starting to revive a little.  We rolled down the window and listed to the birds.  I told him how to identify the calls of the red winged black bird and the crow.  After his bath, I made him a green shamrock pancake.  We started our seat work by doing the St. Patrick's Day packet from SchoolExpress.  Lots of language arts in there including writing a poem, doing a cloze activity and word games. It also had the history of St. Patrick, who he was and why we celebrate his life.  Social Studies.  When we finished we moved on to finish our Australia unit.  We made an Australian Animal Safari Mobile (very simple, with animal pictures on one side and their description on the other) and we did some Australian Aboriginal Dot Painting, which was a big hit for Dakota.  For math we just did St. Patrick's Day worksheets, doing addition and subtraction to make words, crack codes and do a puzzle.  No unit lesson today.  We did the next unit out of his grammar text which introduced adjectives and this went well.  He wrote in his journal.  We sang some songs about birds like Kookaburra for music and then headed out the door to AC Moore for some 50% off St. Patrick's Day items for our co-op tomorrow and our personal scavenger hunt with our friend tomorrow afternoon.  I ended up buying chocolates and molds to make baby shower favors for my daughter's shower next week, clay pots for both Dakota and I to make adorable bug crafts and other odds and ends.  I won't mention the amount of money spent....Now we are home and he is reading to me as I write this.  I will read a few holiday themed books to him and then we will go out and mix up the cake batter and add the colors of the rainbow to make our cupcakes for tonight's dessert.  Click on the link on this blog to make these fun and easy treats. Done.  I was a good mommy and a good homeschool teacher today.   Dinner is in the crockpot and almost finished.  The house is dirty, but work is calling.  Wednesday is my tv night, my treat to myself.  I will work, feed the family, finish my planning for co-op and then plunk my bottom in the recliner to watch Ghost Hunters and American Idol.  Daddy can take Dakota to football and the three guys can watch the basketball tournament in the bedroom tonight.  Momma doesn't give up her spot on Wednesday!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes, COVID and Career

Senior Year

Last Week