The Start of Something New

Today we will start new units in science and social studies and I always love the anticipation of that.  I am not, by nature, a hardcore Science fan.  I leave that to my friend Lavender!  I am more of a nature person, enjoying the animals and plants units, which we will do all spring.  Today we start our Spring unit, encompassing all things warmer, blooming and green and then add in the start of our animal habitats.  This is a wonderful time of year to take long walks and look for places where animals make their homes in the parks near our own home.  After than will be animal babies.  By next month they should be arriving in the area as well.  For Social Studies we are studying Albert Einstein for a few days.  I found a great book called Odd Boy Out and a book unit on http://www.edhelper.com/ and we will be learning about who the boy was and what accomplishments he achieved as a man.  So off I go to start my Monday.  My plan is to keep it laid back for the this rainy Monday morning, giving my little man time to sleep in after a busy weekend.  Breakfast and playtime to ease into the week and homeschooling to begin around 11am. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career