Always Be Prepared

I read about a book online, Odd Boy Out, and really liked the premise.  I did not, however, read it before I introduced it to my son.  Likewise, I printed the grade 1/2 packet for the story unit and assumed all would be well as I've done them before.  When I sat down this afternoon to do Social Studies we read the book and, while I thought it was very well written, it was over Dakota's head.  I changed the wording a bit and kept going.  Then when I sat down to do the paperwork, it too was at too high a level for my son.  Sigh.  Not the best lesson in the world. I know better.  This is not the first time it has happened. Note to self...be better prepared!! For science we did start a very modified version of the animal habitat unit.  We went over the vocabulary in his Harcourt text (Grade 2, found at the thrift store for less than $2!) and read Part 1 of Chapter 1 then did the corresponding worksheets.  We read some fun books today, did a math unit and worked on the basic language arts assignments.  All in all, we accomplished enough, but there was nothing stellar about today.  It wasn't dynamic.  It wasn't wonderful.  It was just normal.  And that's okay for a rainy Monday when I didn't feel like moving out of the chair!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes, COVID and Career

Last Week

Senior Year