An Evening Well Spent




Yesterday Dakota spent the day with his grandmother and she took him to bowling so I could take a much needed break and have lunch with my sister.  After I picked him up we went home to relax for a bit and then my husband and I took the boys to the restaurant where our daughter is a waitress and had dinner.  It was a beautiful early spring evening and we decided to spend the evening at the state park instead of going home.  Dakota practiced riding his new skateboard and I was taken aback a bit to realize how tall he's gotten and how lanky.  He did not look like a "little boy" at all, but a sturdy elementary aged child who had confidence in his abilities and a swagger in his step.  As the sun started to go down we put the skateboard away and went down to the water's edge where my husband worked with Dakota on skipping rocks.  It really was the perfect night, weatherwise, and we stayed awhile, me taking pictures and the two of them pitching rocks.  I got some really good pictures and I went home feeling relaxed and rested.  I am so glad spring is here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career