The Best Laid Plans

Yesterday I was all gung ho about the St. Patrick's Day plans working out, but the best laid plans can be sidetracked by life!  Today Dakota was playing really well building a Lego family that he wants me to submit to the Lego magazine.  He's made quite the creation and I thought that while he did that I'd get some of my work done for my job.  First mistake!  Work called and there were issues and they were sending a messenger with a rush job.  Great.  So I tell Dakota he has 10 minutes and run to check my email.  Second mistake!  There are several things that need my attention there AND I get two phone calls, one from my mother, who is on her way Dakota's still playing well so I figure I'll make the calls and send the emails while we wait for my mother because she will disrupt things anyway.  It's now after 11.  As my mother walks in my husband calls and says he'll be home for lunch before noon.  Okay.  This is why we homeschool, right?  We can handle chores and setbacks and juggle several tasks all while being with our children.  So now it's noon and my husband comes in and says his work truck was broken into last night and he needs to call the police to make a report.  We have lunch, he deals with his issues and I get a call from a friend who offers to keep Dakota for a few hours later this afternoon so I can work.  So now it's 1:00 and we are leaving the house at 2:30!  Time to get serious!  I get out the wooden leprechaun mask that I bought at AC Moore and some washable paints.  I set up the table and give Dakota 15 minutes to paint.  He's happy about this and paints with gusto.  I get in my rush job that was delivered.  Next we do 3 pages out of our grammar text, reviewing nouns, which thankfully is easy.  We jump to Social studies and practice saying silly things with an Australian accent and learn the lingo for several of their words before we get serious and do a rather difficult geography cloze activity on the area and I let Dakota dictate and I write in the interest of time.  On to Science!  We read a chapter from our Forces and Motions unit in our text and then do a few workbook pages that go along with the lesson.  That's it.  2:30.  So no math today.  No reading today.  No music or PE.  Very little green and St. Patrick's Day BUT tomorrow is another day and we will have fun!  I'm planning on rainbows, cupcakes and leprechauns and an early start to our school work!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes, COVID and Career

Last Week

Senior Year