HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  All week we have been thinking green and by the time we got to today, we didn't have as much enthusiasm as I had anticipated!  Thursday is our "school" day when we go to our co-op in Columbia.  After a very late night last night, I was prepared to be a grump this morning and dread going to co-op, but actually, I've had a pretty good day!  It's 2:15 in the afternoon now and I'm wearing out quickly, but the high energy demanded by my co-op classes didn't fail me when I needed it and I actually had a good time with the kids.  My Around the World geography class is made up of 14 boys and girls ages 5 to 8.  We do mapping, flags, cultural lessons, word games, crafts, playground games etc on the country we are studying at the time.  Today we returned to Europe to have some fun with Ireland.  How could I pass that up when we met on St. Patrick's Day?  Dakota is in this class with me and he had a good day as well.  We read about St. Patrick and about the key details of the country and then did our mapping activity.  We made the country's flag out of construction paper, did a find a word in groups and colored the rainbow.  Then we headed outside to do a "colors of the rainbow" scavenger hunt and let the kids run around for twenty minutes in the glorious spring weather. We covered art, phys ed and social studies. Afterward, Dakota went to his science class and I had my preK kids.  We painted leprechauns, read a story and sang some songs.  Then it was their turn to go do their scavenger hunt and run around.  Afterward, Dakota and I came home and chilled out for a few hours.  Co-op wipes us out! We don't do any other schoolwork on Thursdays and then my record book wraps Friday, Saturday and Sunday into one day to encompass anything we do during that time.  Now it's time for the family to come home and I am hoping we can relax tonight and watch tv and just spend some time together because I'm too tired to do anything else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Year

Last Week

Changes, COVID and Career