Just Another Manic Monday

Today lacked the motivation and organization of last Monday.  We muddled through today while I tried to catch up on chores, emails, work and everything else that needed to be done.  I read some stories and Dakota read a few to me while we snuggled under a blanket on the couch.  We got in our math lesson on vertical, horizontal and oblique lines...a concept that wasn't half as difficult as remembering and pronouncing those words! A breakthrough today was Koda's journal entry.  It was excellent and he wrote for nine whole minutes!  A little grammar workbook, some handwriting, two Scholastic News magazines and we called it a school day.  All in all, I suppose it wasn't too bad, but it left me frustrated and feeling like I really should have done more.  We can get in what's needed, but where was the fun?  When I take the time to plan things out we do more art, cooking and games and the lack of tension is notable.  Unfortunately, life has been chaotic and I can't always do exactly what I would like, but at the end of the day we've learned something new and we've done it together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Week

Senior Year

Changes, COVID and Career